Hingham's 2024 50 Flags Campaign: Support the 4th of July Parade

Celebrate Hingham's Tradition

Join us in celebrating Hingham's beloved 50 Flags Campaign, now in its 13th year! Since its inception, this campaign has seen over 20,000 flags adorning our town, creating a festive atmosphere in the two weeks leading up to July 4th.

Support the 4th of July Parade

The 50 Flags Campaign is the primary fundraising effort for Hingham’s 4th of July Parade, which costs approximately $55,000 to organize. This includes the iconic red, white, and blue lines along the parade route. All funds are raised through donations, sponsorships, and fundraisers, with no tax dollars used for the parade expenses.

How Your Donation Helps

By participating in the 50 Flags Campaign, you are directly contributing to the parade and the future of our community celebrations. 80% of the gross proceeds from flag rentals will support the maintenance and expansion of our flag inventory and fund the 2025 parade. The remaining 20% will be allocated to the youth groups that volunteer for flag installations and removals. Last year, $7,500 was donated to these hardworking volunteer groups.

Volunteer Efforts

The installation of flags is a community effort, with volunteers from Hingham High School sports teams, South Shore SNAP, Hingham Youth Football, and other local citizens pitching in. The flag installations will begin on the weekend of June 29-30, with removals scheduled for July 13-14.

Important Dates and Pricing

Flag reservations are open from May 22 to June 21 at 6 PM.

  • 50 Flags - $100
  • 25 Flags - $65

For orders received after June 21 at 6 PM, payments must be made via Venmo:

  • 50 Flags - $150
  • 25 Flags - $100

Reserve your flags now and support Hingham's cherished 4th of July Parade! Let's come together to keep this wonderful tradition alive and thriving. 

Post a Comment