Don’t Make This #1 Mistake When Selling Your Home This Year…
Don’t Make This #1 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘 When Selling Your Home this year…
Rushing to put Your Home on the Market 𝐵𝐸𝐹𝑂𝑅𝐸 It’s Ready
You've decided to sell your home and naturally, you want to sell it quickly .. The instinct might be to list immediately, but there's a crucial mistake many sellers make: rushing to put your home on the market before the home is truly ready.
When your home isn't PREPARED to show, it can actually deter potential buyers, leading to a LONGER selling time and most likely LOWER offers. So, what steps should you take to ensure you're not rushing and only list when your home is at its best?
Here's our essential checklist to get your house market-ready:
- Declutter : Sell or donate furniture and knick knacks. Less clutter means more space and appeal. You want the buyer to walk in and see a blank slate
- Pack Up: Put 2 empty boxes in each room of the house and pack them up with out-of-season clothing and rarely used items. Remember, less is more when showing a home.
- Clean / Remove or Replace Worn Carpets: Steam clean any wall to wall carpets, consider replacing it if necessary.
- Touch up and Paint any rusty baseboard heating covers (especially in the bathroom and main traffic areas in the house) It might seem small, but fresh paint can significantly impact a room's appearance.
- Service Your HVAC: Have your HVAC Co update the tag on your heating system.A well-maintained heating and cooling system is a big plus for buyers.
Implementing these steps, even if you're just slightly considering selling in the next year, can help you sell faster, increase your profits, and significantly reduce stress.
Need More Help?
Selling a home is a big decision, and Darleen Lannon is here to offer personalized guidance every step of the way. If you have questions about selling or need tailored advice, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to ensure your home selling journey is successful and as stress-free as possible.