December 2022 Upcoming Events
December 2022 is a big month for events! Here are some of the most highly anticipated ones. Check out our list and start planning your winter calendar now!
1. Edaville Christmas Wonderland - November 10 - January 1
On behalf of the entire Edaville family, we welcome you to a new and exciting chapter in Edaville’s history. We invite you to join us for our 75th anniversary with the much beloved Christmas Festival of Lights. This year we feature the millions of lights you are used to and some new attractions. We now offer general admission to make the park more accessible to all and more affordable for families.
You’ll be able to ride behind a steam-powered locomotive, have fun on amusement rides, and enjoy food and drink throughout the park.
We offer some of the old favorites plus all new shops, including a European-style Christmas Market. To get off and running, we have had to pull things together quickly – this is just a glimpse of our vision of an Edaville steeped in tradition and family fun.
2. Magic of Lights at Gillette - November 18 - December 31The Magic of Lights dazzling drive-through experience returns to Gillette Stadium for the last time ever from Friday, Nov. 18 through Sunday, Dec. 31. Foxborough will shine bright for the third consecutive holiday season as guests experience the thrill of spectacular light displays featuring festive favorites accompanied by a holiday soundtrack.Magic of Lights signature displays include the 200-foot long Enchanting Tunnel of Lights, Candy Cane Lane, Toyland, 12 Days of Christmas, Prehistoric Christmas with life-sized dinosaurs celebrating the season and BIGFOOT Monster Truck. Brand new in 2022, Magic of Lights also features a 32-foot tall animated Barbie, as well as dazzling, dancing displays synchronized to popular holiday tunes.Created with nearly one million sparkling lights, Magic of Lights is a nostalgic and festive experience for guests of all ages that can’t be missed this holiday season.
3. Marshfield South Shore Celebration of Lights - November 25 - December 30
Located in Marshfield, MA, see over 1 mile of roadway that has been transformed into a glittering display of over 1 million LED lights — featuring a 90′ Christmas Tree! Listen to music played through FM radio in your own vehicle during this safe, holiday experience.
4. Zoolights at Stone Zoo - November 30 - December 21
Enter a winter wonderland of tree-lined paths lit by thousands of twinkling lights spanning Stone Zoo's 26 acres. Take a sparkling stroll through festively decorated Yukon Creek, home to black bears, Canada lynx, reindeer and arctic foxes. This year, several illuminated large-scale animal lantern displays will light up your winter's night!
Wednesdays, Nov. 30 - Dec. 21, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.: Though Santa's busy at the North Pole, Mrs. Claus will spread holiday cheer throughout the Zoo. Be sure to say hello, snap a pic, and she may even pass a message along to Old Saint Nick!
5. Holiday Story Stroll & Cocoa Bar at Dalby Farm - December 1
Fun for the whole family! We’re setting up the vintage decor, finding every yummy thing you could want in a delicious cup of hot cocoa, and getting the country store stocked full of great gifts! We can’t wait to welcome you back to Dalby, this time with a perfect farm-themed holiday story!
Find your favorite people, fix yourself a cocoa, bundle up and take a stroll along our new walkway, that takes you through most of the farm… You can read a special holiday farm story, along the way, as you sip and stroll around!!6. Hinghams Holly Jolly Christmas on the Square - December 2
Downtown Hingham will be celebrating Christmas in the Square on Friday, December 2nd from 5-8pm. This Hingham holiday tradition has been enjoyed by thousands of residents and neighbors across the South Shore for over 40 years. We welcome all to join us in this old-fashioned, hometown seasonal celebration.
- Santa will arrive atop a fire truck in the Square in a winter wonderland of white lights and festively decorated shops.
- Live music from local musicians and student groups
- Giant Sized Peppermint sticks and other holiday novelty gifts available for purchase
- The classic movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” will be projected on the train vent courtyard along with a magical snow show (cotton ball shower) sponsored by Saint Paul School
- Watch an ice sculptor create a waving Santa from a giant block of ice
7. Scituate Holidays in the Harbor - December 2 - 4
Scituate Harbor is the “Heart” of Scituate SHBA is a non-profit cooperative group of businesses in and around the harbor that work to improve, enjoy, inform, and participate all things Harbor. Our members develop events, harbor beautification, improvement, and community affairs.
8. Cohasset Holiday Stroll - December 10
Post a Comment