April Vacation Round Up
Staying local for April Vacation?
We have rounded up a comprehensive list of fun events and activities for kids as well as the whole family!
These local businesses are running vacation sports camps all week long.
- April vacation soccer camp - south shore sports center – Hingham
- Challenge Rocks vacation camp – Hingham
- Cohasset sports complex vacation camp- Cohasset
- Elite FOOTBALL Clinics Presents: April Vacation Flag Football Clinic. April 19-21, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Tues-Thurs @Cronin Soccer Field. Open to children 7-13yrs old. Cost: $285
Looking for a drop-in activity for a few hours?
The Hingham public library has you covered!
- Steam Up! with Mitch & Tori - a STEAM program | Food Truck Creations. April 19, 2022, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM @ Whiton Room. Honk! Honk! Foodies over here! Join STEAM Up for a food truck festival! Design and build your very own Food Truck and fill it with all the food that drives you wild! Suitable for children ages 4+ Space in this event is limited, and registration is required. To join us, please register online.
- Storytime & Social Hour with Officer Tom Ford and Opry, Hingham's new comfort dog. April 19, 2022. 3:30-4:30PM @Whiton Room. Hingham High School Resource Officer, Tom Ford and Opry, Hingham’s new comfort dog will be at the library for a Storytime and social hour. Opry is a mixed-breed rescue pup who recently joined the Hingham Police Department. She has undergone extensive training to prepare for her new role as a comfort dog. Officer Ford will be reading “Officer Buckle and Gloria” at 3:45 PM. Families are invited to meet and socialize with Officer Ford and Opry after the reading. This is a drop-in event.
- Bingo! Family Fun Favorite April 20, 2022, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM @ActivityRoom. Please join us for this fun family favorite where everyone wins a prize! This is a drop-in family program, no registration is required.
Derby Street shops has a whole line up of family fun starting Monday the 18th!
Click here for more details for the events below!
- MONDAY, APRIL 18 – 11AM-12PM Story hour with Hanover Unity Council
- TUESDAY, APRIL 19 – 10:30AM-12:30PM Bike safety checks + quick fixes with REI
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 20 – 11AM-12PM Interactive story time with Red Sox mascot Wally the Green Monster
- THURSDAY, APRIL 21 – 10:30AM-11:30AM Music with Mama Steph
- FRIDAY, APRIL 22 – 11AM-12PM Bubbles & Beats with DJ Sprino
More local events and places to visit in Hingham and on the South Shore!
- April Vacation Family Music at Weir River Farm, Hingham. Join us, Monday, April 18, for 45 minutes of fun singing and moooving with Miss Jana! Enjoy some quality family time as you sing familiar tunes and learn some new songs that explore life on the farm.
- About Enchanted Forest at Weir River Farm. Join us for a magical afternoon in our Enchanted Forest! Scramble through the fairy-filled English woodlands in search of fairy houses and hideaways. Along the way, if you find an acorn or stone, pick it up! When you see our fairy friend, trade your treasure with her to hear an enchanting song or story! Before you leave the Enchanted Forest, be sure to leave a wish on the wishing tree. In a magical place like this, all sorts of wishes are sure to come true! This program is perfect for kids ages 5-8.
- Paragon Carousel -See you Saturday April 16th as we kickoff our 2022 Season!
- Visit Starland -Sportsplex and Funpark Laser tag, mini golf, bumper cars, go karts, arcade and more!
- Company Theater Norwell-Tuesday, April 19 at 1-3pm.Karaoke party. The biggest, funniest, and loudest karaoke party is on the way. Be ready to sing and rock The Company Theatre stage! Hosted by Michael Foley of Foley Custom Entertainment, this event is open to kids ages 10-21 and is just $10.
- Survival Skills - Zombie Apocalypse - Hanover Public Library. Teens get the chance to come learn how to survive the zombie apocalypse! This 2 hour workshop is designed to be an extremely fun, engaging, workshop style program where everyone gets involved! Topics include: Basic first aid & first aid kits, emergency "Bug Out Bags", Lost proofing, knots & lashings, emergency shelter construction anywhere, and everybody gets to shoot a real Darryl Dixon (From The Walking Dead TV Series) style cross-bow! Space is extremely limited - please register!! PLEASE NOTE: This is a Young Adult program, geared to teens ages 12-19. Please respect the age restriction.
- Space Zero Trampoline & Virtual Reality Park at South Shore Plaza Braintree MA. Space Zero is new indoor playground park in South Shore Plaza Braintree MA . The line-up extends from trampolines all the way to a full scale indoor play structure. We’ve designated the Space to be an endless adventure, an endless amount of fun. Tired of trampolines and VR? Try your skills at winning some stuffed animals at our claw machines!
- Nova Trampoline Park & Arcade Plymouth MA. Nova Trampoline Park is a new indoor playspace in Plymouth Get your game on at the arcade, or swim around in the foam pit. Be sure to bounce on down to the trampolines and test your balance on the slack line. There’s no age limit for fun!
- Hingham Historical guided walking tour. Join us on Monday, April 15 for guided waking tours of historic downtown Hingham. Beginning and ending at the Hingham Heritage Museum, these 55 minute tours led by trained guides with audio enhancement will include stops at historic sites and markers in Hingham Square. Tour includes historic images for reference and just under one mile of walking with occasional uneven ground.
Looking to venture beyond the South Shore? Here are some fun things to do in Boston and beyond.
- FAMILY ACTIVITIES IN AND AROUND BOSTON: Mayor Michelle Wu and the Boston Parks and Recreation Department are pleased to announce that the popular Boston Swan Boats will open for the 2022 season at the Boston Public Garden lagoon on Saturday, April 16, at 10 a.m
- Blue Man Group Boston will add shows and bring creative fun for the whole family during April School Vacation Week, April 16th -24th.
- Dino Safari: A Walk-Thru Adventure this April Vacation, Boston, $$ Fri, April 15, 2022 - Sun, April 24, 2022 Dino Safari: A Walk-Thru Adventure is an interactive experience being offered for a limited time only in Faneuil Hall Marketplace in the heart of Boston and this April
- April Vacation Week Fun at Patriot Place, Foxboro Fri, April 15, 2022 - Sun, April 24, 2022 Patriot Place is your destination for school vacation. Enjoy variety of family-friendly activities, many of which are free and fun for the whole family, including a petting zoo, live music, yard games, giveaways, character meet & greets and more!
- Field of Daffodils at Tower Hill Botanical, Boylston, Wed, April 20, 2022 - Sun, May 15, 2022 One of the most popular attractions at Tower Hill, the Field of Daffodils, is in full bloom. Book your admission ticket to visit this one-of-a-kind experience with 25,000+ daffodils swaying in the wind.
- The City of Boston invites you to the 247th Patriots Day Parade on April 18 at 9 a.m. SCHEDULE: 9 a.m. - Parade starts at City Hall Plaza 9:30 a.m. - (Paul Revere Mall) Reenactment of the ride of Paul Revere
- Boston Marathon Monday, April 18, 2022. As the principal sponsor, John Hancock continues to ensure the stability of the world's oldest annual marathon.